HOME2019 RACEPREVIOUS RACESPHOTO GALLERYHOW TO ENTER HEAD STARTSDIPSEA HISTORYTHE COURSEVOLUNTEERDIPSEA FOUNDATIONCLUBS & LINKSOUR SPONSORSCONTACT USQUESTIONS?
WOMEN’S DIPSEA HIKE GUIDELINES
For those confirmed in the Women’s Dipsea Hike:
- All official registered participants should pick up their custom-made hike bib on Friday, April 20, at the Mill Valley Community Center between 6-8 p.m. or prior to the hike in Old Mill Park in Mill Valley beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 21. Each registered participant will receive a free commemorative 100th anniversary Women’s Dipsea Hike T-shirt courtesy of the Dipsea Race Committee and a free hike bandana courtesy of One Tam when they pick up their bib. The untimed hike starts at 9 a.m.
- Metered and restricted street parking in downtown Mill Valley is enforced on Saturdays. It is recommended that participants find parking along Miller Avenue and side streets and walk to Old Mill Park. Please allow enough time to park and walk to the Start.
- One Tam will have a life sized cardboard cutout of two-time Women’s Dipsea Hike champion Emma Reiman available for photo opportunities at the bib pick-up, at the starting line in Old Mill Park, and at the finish line at Stinson Beach
- GGNRA will park its “Roving Ranger” -- a mobile information kiosk at the start and finish lines.
- Hikers can check their sweats in at Old Mill Park and the clothing will be transported to the finish line in Stinson Beach. Clothing only. Coolers & ice chests will not be accepted.
- Hikers are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottles and to stay hydrated. Water will be available in the park at water fountains in Muir Woods, the top of Cardiac Hill, and at the finish line in Stinson Beach State Park. Temperatures predicted ~69F.
- Hiking poles are permitted, but no dogs are allowed on the trails in accordance with park rules and regulations.
- Hikers must stay on the Dipsea Trail. No shortcuts frequently used in the Dipsea Race are part of the hike.
- Volunteers will be positioned at all road crossings and some trail junctions. Please follow their instructions.
- There exists a possibility of contacting poison oak. There is a First Aid station in Muir Woods and medical facilities will be located at Cardiac Hill and the Finish Line.
- There will be two SAG wagons parked at Pantoll near the Cardiac water station to transport participants to Stinson Beach if they are unable to complete the hike.
- The Stage Coach Shuttle is a round-trip public bus running from Stinson Beach to Mill Valley. Stage Coach Shuttles leave Stinson at:
- 11:35am, 12:17, 1:53, 3:17, 3:19, 3:57, 5:03, 6:17, 7:00 and 8:13pm
- Carpooling is encouraged from Stinson Beach to Mill Valley. The Dipsea Race Committee is providing six shuttle bus rides from Stinson Beach to Mill Valley that will begin leaving the finish line at 11:30 a.m. and tentatively every half hour after until 4 p.m. However, Dipsea shuttle busses will leave when each bus is full of passengers.