Underworked? Overpaid? We can help!
The Dipsea Race is made possible each year by a slew of faithful volunteers. Each is rewarded with: coffee & doughnuts (for early risers), a ticket to our sumptuous post-race volunteer bacchanal (catered and donated by the famous Buckeye Roadhouse in Mill Valley), a glamorous volunteer T-shirt and pin, and the deep satisfaction of a job well done. While our fine treatment of our non-paid staff brings us an 80% retention rate, around 20% circulate out each year on sabbatical to bring back fresh methods and ideas. In the meantime we always welcome new volunteers!
Volunteer duties include:
- Getting up early in the morning the day of the race.
- Setting up and tearing down the race start & finish lines.
- Monitoring runners along the trail.
- Greeting runners at the finish and recording their times.
- Sending out mailings.
- Pre-race administrative tasks.
- Having a great time!
The 2009 race is in need of several key people. Immediate openings are:
- Finish Area Captains: click here for job description.
- Finish Area Set-up Workers: click here for job description.
- Finish Area Break-down Workers: click here for job description.
- Equipment Truck or Van Driver: click here for job description.
Please check our website periodically for more and detailed volunteer positions as they become available.
If you think you might fit the bill, we are looking for both front line volunteers, and team captains. Team captains should be prepared to commit for more than one year due to the extensive physical and emotional training requirements. The Volunteer Coordinator typically knows what positions are unfilled by the second week of April. If you are interested please use our Contact Form to contact our volunteer coordinator.