Underworked? Overpaid? We can help!
The Dipsea Race is made possible each year by a slew of faithful volunteers. Each is rewarded with: coffee & doughnuts (for early risers), a ticket to our sumptuous post-race volunteer bacchanal (catered and donated by the famous Buckeye Roadhouse in Mill Valley), a glamorous volunteer T-shirt and pin, and the deep satisfaction of a job well done. While our fine treatment of our non-paid staff brings us an 80% retention rate, around 20% circulate out each year on sabbatical to bring back fresh methods and ideas. In the meantime we always welcome new volunteers!
Volunteer duties include:
- Getting up early in the morning the day of the race.
- Setting up and tearing down the race start & finish lines.
- Monitoring runners along the trail.
- Greeting runners at the finish and recording their times.
- Sending out mailings.
- Pre-race administrative tasks.
- Having a great time!
We have a special website for Dipsea volunteer signups. Please visit it here if you're interested in volunteering!